First class teachers
1. Your child will join a school where the headteacher and deputy headteacher have track records of creating outstanding teaching and learning environments. They are handpicking a fresh team of enthusiastic, motivated teachers who share their passion for our school and our vision.
2. This first team of teachers will all be heads of department and senior members of staff, so they will have a real depth of knowledge and experience which will encourage high levels of pupil progress.
A nurturing community environment
3. The school will start small, so your child should feel secure and confident from their first day with us. They will be in tutor groups of 25, and will get to know all the staff really well and receive all the support that they need as they progress.
4. As the Archer Academy has the backing of the local community, your child will benefit from links with local businesses and organisations, as well as an inspirational set of guest speakers drawn from the local area.
A new school environment
5. The Archer Academy will be a 21st century school for 21st century children, housed in modern buildings with first class, purpose built teaching and sports facilities. Our teachers will have a blank canvas upon which to create an exciting learning environment, which will challenge and inspire your child in equal measure.
6. Our urban campus set-up will give our upper and lower school pupils their own distinct spaces in which to learn and develop. Our younger pupils will start off in a nurturing environment, without the overwhelming presence of much bigger children. And our older pupils will gain a sense of pride and responsibility when they move to the more 'grown up' environment of our upper school.
An exciting future
7. Your child will have a unique opportunity to help to shape the future of their school – in ways as diverse as naming the Houses, representing the first school sports teams, putting on the first school theatre productions and contributing to the first school art exhibition.
8. This experience of being at the 'head of the school' (rather than being the youngest of a large group of pupils, as is more usual in year 7) will allow them start with confidence and develop leadership skills which will stand them in good stead throughout their adult lives.
A local school for local pupils
9. Your child will have the opportunity to continue learning with friends from their primary school and join with others in the heart of East Finchley.
10. The community, the governors and our headteacher all have really high expectations for the school and we will ensure that these expectations, and those we have for your child, are fulfilled.
The Archer Academy offers a unique opportunity for local children to learn and thrive together. We hope you'll be part of it.